How to Import Files & Folders
GoodReader offers a variety of ways to import and export files and folders, depending on where your files are located:
- Use GoodReader`s Manage Files → Import Files to import files from various Locations in FIles app.
- Use Share buttons in other apps to send a file to GoodReader within the same device. The specifics may vary from app to app, but those Share buttons usually look and act pretty much the same way everywhere.
- Use AirDrop to quickly transfer files and folders between any two iOS or macOS devices, including two iPhones or iPads with GoodReader app on them.
- Download files from external servers and email accounts.
- Download files from a computer on your local network.
- Transmit files from your computer using iTunes and a USB cable.
- Use a built-in web browser to find and download files.
- Use Manage Files → Import Photo & Video to import pictures and videos from your device`s Photos app.
In that case, if you need to import a folder, the quickest and easiest solution would be to archive the folder, with all its subfolder hierarchy, into a ZIP archive, and send that to GoodReader. GoodReader is perfectly capable of extracting ZIP archives, including encrypted and password-protected ones.
Long-time user very happy with v5
I`ve had GoodReader since version 3, and it`s my favorite productivity app on the iPad. It`s fantastic for annotating docs. I just installed v5. It`s great, seems better organized and easier to work with than v4. Lots of new features that I haven`t tried yet. Only complaint so far is that I wish I could change the color scheme. Some happiness for me so far: 1. Synching ("Connect" window) is MUCH improved, much cleaner. 2. The OneDrive synching problem has been fixed. 3. The new split-screen option is great - it allows you to view two docs (or two separate sections of the same doc) side-by-side. That option`s iPad-only, I think, and part of the pro pack, which was a pretty good deal for me ($4.99 covered pro pack on all three mobile devices I have). 4. I like the thumbnail page images for navigation within a doc. 5. Apple pencil double-click toggles eraser (as it should). All in all, nicely done. Also, tech support has been super helpful, very responsive when I`ve had Qs.
Contact us by e-mail. We're always happy to read your suggestions for improvements and new features, and to answer your questions: